A 3-day immersive DIY participatory art circus

Sunday, March 31, 2019


Yeehaw!! I went a'trollin on Craigslist for plants and found the conservation district's sale with ONLINE ORDERING. Oh yeah! Just a little something, just a few ah erm 40 bare root perennials. Whoops?

Here we go again with the justifications but! I had $100 in my cart the other day from some sketchy feeling TN nursery. I'm aiming to invest in ostrich ferns for fiddleheads, yum! and to add to arrangements. I had 50 elderberry starts in there? It was all wholesale and I was going to end up with so many dead plants and I got nervous and pulled the plug.

Instead I can spend about half that (garden math, yo) get a reasonable number of plants grown here and not shipped. They will get picked up in May, so I have time to figure out where to put my:

10 elderberry seedlings 

Butterfly/Bird Mix - 2 each: Elderberry (for 12 total), Butterfly Bush, Ninebark, Apricot Beauty Daylily & Liatris Spicata (Dense Blazing Star) (I bought 12 liatris bulbs in a moment of box store impatience too.)

Fern Mix - 2 each: Christmas Fern, Cinnamon Fern, Maidenhair Fern, New York Fern & Ostrich Fern (only 2 to start the fiddleheads but the other ferns will be good for being ferns!)

Hosta Mix - 2 each: Ventricosa, Hyacinthina, Albo Marginata, F. Aureo Marginata, Undulata Varigata (I don't know if hostas make good cut flowers because I haven't cut mine before (see first post!) but I have a shady spot that needs help and they double so easily, they're a good one to have around)

Thing is, once I learned how much they've accomplished at Beltaine Cottage in Ireland, I started to feel really BEHIND on our property. She did it all by herself too. But I still have 2 years to catch up hahaha. Just as soon as I finish grad school .... ? AS IF!

But this is my vow: no more plants! (except for the already planned rose, and whatever comes my way for free, or you know really seriously cheap... and the divisions and volunteers of course






No comments:

Post a Comment